Re: Women-Only Concert Puzzle

As a follow-up to this message:

This concert was set up by my rabbi and his wife, who were friends of Ofri and
spoke highly of her. As with our two other concerts, it was of excellent
quality (so I heard, anyway) and poorly attended. I managed to finagle a nice
head shot of Ofri into that Friday's JEWISH WEEK. I see this year she will be
performing as part of the Center for Jewish History's new Jewish culture
performing arts series. Could the publicity in the JEWISH WEEK have helped her
career?

Although we still have a little music at our shul in Harlem, due to poor
attendance and a variety of other factors, the Upper Upper West Side Jewish
Music Series died a natural death. We still continue our ongoing struggle to
make this spiritual and acoustic gem of a shul a viable house of worship,
study, and assembly.

Incidentally, this new performing arts series at the new Center for Jewish
History in downtown New York looks like a cultural gem. Perhaps someone might
provide the list with more info on it.

Shalom Chaverim,

Eliott Kahn