Re: Don't Bulls**t A Bulls**ter !

Elliot:

Frank Zappa once said that the frisbee is more valuable to American cultural
life than any music composition, and, from seeing the way music is too often
treated by people as this thing they shouldn't need to pay for, maybe he's
right.  The galling thing is when people who purport to REALLY care about
music get into this vibe of haggling down the price of something they claim
they want so badly, whther it's live musicians for an event (still cheaper
per man than a union plumber), or an item of written music.

I do photocopy sheet music at the library, but it's generally stuff that I
can't find in print, and I have no qualms with the merchant about the price
of CDs (I know the labels are the ones who set the price bar).  And I'm a
working musician, so I am surely not the most affluent person out there.  But
I understand that, in this life, you pay for goods and services, and that
this extends to music.  We don't haggle at the supermarket with the check-out
girl.  We don't haggle with the guy at Border's over the price of a book.  So
why is music not granted the same respect?

skip heller