Re: Don't Bulls**t A Bulls**ter !

>Dear List Members,
>
>I have debated very hard as to whether to send this out to the list. I sent
>it to  a couple of people on the list in whose judgment I have enough faith
>that if I am out of line, they will let me know. Being as they are in the
>music business, they agree with me, as this has happened to them as well --
>numerous times.
>
>THIS IS NOT DIRECTED AT ANY PARTICULAR INDIVIDUAL! MORE OFTEN THAN NOT, THEY
>OCCUR WITH WALK IN CUSTOMERS.
>
>Simon Vents His Spleen!
>If you don't want to read my tirade- and it's a long one -just delete this
>now!

Here, here Simon!!

One that has always gotten to me is what has often happened while selling my
CDs, tapes and once upon a time LPs after a concert or craft faIr. I've
listened to two people (likely unrelated) say "I'll buy this CD, you buy
that one, and we'll tape them..." This, right in front of the artist. Grrrr!
The trick is, you don't want to yell and scream (outloud, anyway) about it,
but have to instead find a gentle but firm way of educating well-meaning
fans about this issue of copyright and "paltry musician's income" while
keeping them as fans... And the internet doesn't make anything easier with
people wanting to download anything and everything for free... There's my 2
cents.

Seth

Seth Austen
please visit me on the web at http://www.sethausten.com