Re: Kol Isha

In a message dated 9/26/99 11:20:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time, reyzl (at)
flash(dot)net
writes:

<<
 Smadar Rosenzweig is not a YU but at Touro and was at Barnard as a Judaic  >>

To the best of my knowledge, Smadar left Touro and joined the faculty at
Stern. Levin is new on faculty this year. She is young, but is extremely
promising.
As for Greenberg, I would agree that she is not a major Scholar of Talmud or
Bible. But I think it is significant that YU is willing to give a forum to a
woman who does not accept the status quo.
I am going to double check on what Smadar is up to, and be happy to eat crow
if it is warranted. Incidentally,  I have heard Smadar on a number of
occasions and think she is first rate.

Jordan