RE: Kol Isha

Boy you have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to come up with names.

>Some of the most
>famous torah scholars and educators at Yeshiva U. are women.

However, NONE of these names are "famous torah scholars"

Smadar Rosenzweig is not a YU but at Touro and was at Barnard as a Judaic
Studies instructor.  She may lecture on a variety of Jewish topics
including making comments on torah but she is neither a "famous torah
scholar" nor a famous scholar.  I have met her at family celebrations, but
don't know her personally.  I know her mother Prof. Yaffa Eliach and her
extended family for many years.

Blu Greenberg _has_ taught at Yeshiva all right, but not only does she not
teach Bible (we won't even comment on the "famous torah scholar" bit), but
she has been one of the fighters against kol isha and all its ramifications
for more than 20 years.   I have known Blu Greenberg for many years, but
don't remember what she has taught at Yeshiva, but I know it isn't Bible.
 Blu _is_ indeed famous, but she is famous for being a leader of Orthodox
feminism who fights against kol isha.

I have never heard of Chaviva Levin and don't find her listed at any school
at Yeshiva or anywhere else on the 'net.  I have no idea what or where she
teaches, but she doesn't anywhere appear on the Yeshiva U. web pages.

If you had said Judith Hauptman, professor of Talmud, you would have been
correct.  She is famous torah scholar, but she is at JTS.

This is getting tiresome.

Reyzl