Re: FW: RUN-DMC?

I'm happy to have Roni as a member of the list so that I can hear
about thousands of rap songs without having to listen to them myself.
Actually, I would say that of any genre of music.  Who has the time?

I'm also happy to hear from Roni that rap has no greater an incidence
of anti-Semitic lyrics than other types of music.  (And I would
imagine far less than White Power music.)  I think that he is probably
right.  I don't believe that the ADL has cited many (any?) other than
the ones that he identified.

Unfortunately, anti-Semitism does appear in other types of music as
well.  Including mainstream popular music.  (Remember the Michael
Jackson episode?)  And classical music.

In fact, some day I may offer a program on anti-Semitism in music. (I
believe that we discussed this issue before with some even questioning
lyrics of Kinky Friedman and Mel Brooks.)  My only reluctance in
presenting such a program would be giving "air time" to such hateful
rhetoric.  But, perhaps the light of day is a great disinfectant.  And
it is better to be en garde.

Bob (the former fencer)