Re: survey of who is doing what jewish music

Ari & all,
        Fan.  Definitely.  Some interest in singing (a Reform choir), and
learning (new versions of old liturgical favorites, new niggunim).  Great
interest in listening to Jewish music of most kinds.  Favorite recent CDs:
two Klezmatics recent, two Andy Statman recent, Sidran's "Life's a Lesson,"
"Chants, Mystiques," Shneyer's "Psalm Songs," Duskis & Appel's "Festival of
Lights".

        I enjoy the list when it discusses any aspect of Jewish music,
interpretted as broadly as possible, in a positive way; I hit the delete
button fairly quickly at cranky submissions (I get my fill of crankiness
elsewhere).  Obviously, I'm primarily a lurker, but in the era of e-mail
glut, being a lurker says a lot.

        Thanks to all for making this a stimulating place to visit.

Mike Leavitt <mrl (at) alum(dot)mit(dot)edu>
Reston, VA

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->