Re: Peter Himmelman

>   pkirman (at) gpu(dot)srv(dot)ualberta(dot)ca (P. Kirman) writes:
>

>  Is he still married to Dylan's daughter?  I can't believe people
>  would write him off as an example of nepotism.  Like, it would really
>  be the first time in the entertainment business.  If he wanted to flaunt
>  that he was Dylan's son-in-law he would, but he seems to downplay it.
>
>  A side note:  for someone who is so religious, it is ironic he is married
>  to someone who is not Halachically Jewish, and so his children technically
>  are not Jewish either.

Himmelman has three children with Maria Dylan Himmelman. According to P.H.(in a
recent interview), he is determined to avoid the
usual showbiz marriage collapse syndrome. Maria is Bob's adopted daughter. Her
mother is the former Shirley Noznisky, later Sara
Lowndes, then Sara Dylan. By all accounts, she is and always was Jewish. This
would make their kids Halachically Jewish. They
sent their kids to Jewish camps while they were growing up. Bob is supporter of
Chabad thes days, as is Peter who davens with
Chabad in L.A.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->