Re: dead (wild) horses couldn't stop ...

  I don't think this topic is getting a proper (albeit temporary) "burial".
To just call it a "dead horse", shrug, and go on to the next thing...? An
indicator of why important changes "whose time HAS come" go unattended to?
Too depressing for an optimistic idealist such as myself.

  The one argument I cannot accept is the "enough already".  Most of the
emails on the list are absolutely useless for me - I'm not interested in
tsimbles and I don't speak Yiddish, unfortunately, and I can tell in a
glance if the incoming message is worth reading.  I'm sure everyone else
does the same.  So if any of you are sick and tired of the KI debate - just
hit delete, and let those who care about it continue the discussion!

  Next I need to correct Sam.  The titling of the first email that started
this KI round was not "gratuitous" - it was deliberate. The parallels are
unmistakable. A small dose of "pain and discomfort" at the thought that
Judaism has *anything* in common with...you know who... is exactly what I
had in mind. And to assume that no one "advanced their knowledge on the
subject" is presumptuous too - I for one DID. I'd like to believe that
others did too.

  There are new ideas whose time has come, and there are old ideas whose
time has past.  It took a civil war for slavery to be abolished, it took (I
don't know how long) for women to get the right to vote, and one day all
forms of Gender Apartheid will fade into HIS -STORY.  One day in the
future - all men and women will stand equally before G-d, and all laws
governing men and women will be created by men AND women, whether religious
or secular.  This is my wish for humanity...you can agree or disagree.

  Shirona

  Sam Weiss wrote:
  > I'm finally joining the fray this time around, since Judith's question
  > points to exactly why I have not done so earlier.  I agree with Simon
here,
  > and would say that "Jewish music" is a thin figleaf over the volatile
  > subject of Kol Isha which, as it inevitably gets treated on this list,
is
  > essentially a discussion of Jewish cultural history, Jewish religion
  > (principally Orthodox-bashing), communal politics, gender politics,
labor
  > practices, etc.  It is always a case of the tail (in subject matter as
well
  > as level of discourse) wagging the horse of Jewish music.  This is borne
  > out by the "Unsubscribe" requests that usually follow the onslaught.
The