Re: "Kol (Isha)"

B"H Munich

--- Eliott Kahn <Elkahn (at) JTSA(dot)EDU> wrote:
> I stand corrected.  I do not wish to sin and
> misquote a law:
That is highly meretorious!

> God does want women to sing. He just doesn't want
> half the world to listen to them.
You would be correct if half the world would
comprise male Orthodox Jews. But Halacha isn´t
binding on non-Jews.

> Did I get it this time?
Sorry, not. But you´re getting closer. And
that´s all one can hope for in life.

> Times change. Laws change.  And criticism is only
> useful to people who listen.
Correct! You should read Pirkei Avot - the Chapters
of the Fathers. When the 48 Ways of Wisdom are
listed, the very first is "bshmiat ozen" - CAREFUL
LISTENING.

Alex