Re: Performance insurance

many places look for coverage up to $1 million, a standard rate (we do carry
it for about eight years now). a common bluff now is for the caterer or venue
to ask to be included as a co-insured on the band's policy I think -- which is
ridiculous. also sometimes they claim to need proof of workmen's comp.

it can be tricky to get since insurance companies generally were writing less
liability policies last time we renewed.  you can also try through the
musicians' union, which of course has its own requirements.

- e v e  s i c u l a r  -
drummer/bandleader
ISLE OF KLEZBOS &
METROPOLITAN KLEZMER