Re: Performance insurance

When someone sends me a contract that requires insurance, I tell them
that if they want us to carry insurance, we'll have to be paid
considerably more than they are paying us to cover the expenses of a
policy and the lawyers that we will need to figure out the
requirements of the contract, plus considerably more advance notice
in order to meet their requirements.  I know that there are musicians
who sign the contracts without actually having the insurance, but I
refuse.  The person handling the contract has no authority to change
the contract.  I tell them to find someone who does.  At the last
minute, someone comes forward to cross out the insurance requirement,
initial the contract, and the show goes on.

Zayt gezunt (be healthy),

Yosl (Joe) Kurland
The Wholesale Klezmer Band
Colrain, MA 01340