Re: Max Bruch/Kol Nidrei: Redux nokhamol!

In a message dated 1/31/2002 12:03:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
i(dot)oppenheim (at) xs4all(dot)nl writes:

Hello Irwin Oppenheim!

       Thank you for your thoughtful comments and salient information.  And I
concur with another respondent this evening who commends you upon not only
your precious ideas but your masterful use of the English language!

       As a last comment on the Bruch/Kol Nidre subject, it was never my
intent to place a litmus test before the list regarding Bruch's religious
affiliation in relation to the composition of his "Kol Nidre."  Truly that
was the furthest thing from my mind.   Moreso, I thought that Sylvie and Judy
in particular set off a very interesting chain regarding the nineteenth
century German composer Max Bruch and this list is fabulous for accumulating
commentary on a subject such as this one.  Believe me, I have no qualms about
a Max Bruch writing a "Kol Nidrei" as I have no problem with Iriving Berlin
writing a "White Christmas."

       In fact, let's here it for a twenty-first century whereby more Irving
Berlins have that comfort level to write more "White Christmases" and more
Max Bruchs seek out the knowledge and understanding to write more "Kol
Nidres."

       Finally, I should mention that I was the person to introduce in the
title heading the word "redux."  I must admit that even though the word is a
standard Latin word, inferring to "revisit" as in to revisit the subject of
Max Bruch and his Kol Nidrei, I just looked in "Webster's Third New
International Dictionary, " and it wasn't there, oy: mea culpa!  Next time if
I need to pepper my subject headings in some foreign loshn, I'll use more
straightforward Yiddish expressions, which would be much more conducive to
the nature of this list.

Most humbly yours,

Michael Spudic

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->