re: dancing

> I find that, when I'm in a situation where there is a lot of
> instruction, dancers tend to do "follow the leader" and don't do
> their own movements.

I have a question related to this.  When doing for example a freylekhs, I
can understand the free  flowing nature of the dance doesn't require a
leader.  What about dances like the bulgar (circle not couples version) or
the slow hora?  It seems to me that these dances wouldn't work if everyone
was doing something different, just because directional changes involved
would cause havoc.  Is there a way to do these dances without having a
leader?
Helen

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->