Re: kol isha

The reason I would think Margot's posting is "a digression from kol
isha"--and bringing up relevant economic issues is *not* a halakhic
digression, by the way--is that kol isha applies (for better or for worse,
etc., etc.) to women's *voices* and hence to women *singers,* not--so far as
I know--women instrumentalists like Margot.

Have Margot and other women instrumentalists on this list (or of their
acquaintance) been excluded *as women* from playing--not singing--in
Orthodox venues?  I'm curious (and interested).

--Robert Cohen