Re: Kol Isha

In a message dated 2/21/01 11:14:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
nusach (at) hotmail(dot)com writes:

> you are invited to perform a concert where women ONLY would be allowed to
> attend and no men were allowed to perform...would you accept the gig?
>
> you are invited to a seder for women only (take Debbie Friedman out of the
> picture...).  Would you go?

You ask provocative questions. I want to point out that the "Women Only"
concert is very popular in more right wing Orthodox circles. It gives a
chance for women to get out there and perform. I know some would find it a
half baked solution to this issue, but on the other hand, at least people in
the very strict Orthodox community are acknowledging the need for these
Female artists to get on stage and share. If you don't think that is an
achievement, you don't know where these people are coming from.

Jordan (with an 'a')

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->