From:   shirona [SMTP:shirona (at) bellatlantic(dot)net]
Sent:   Wednesday, February 21, 2001 12:49 PM
To:     World music from a Jewish slant
Subject:        Re: Kol Isha

Dear Winston,

OK - I will answer your question - whether I will attend an all-woman event
where men were excluded.

If I were living in a Female Dominant society, where for the past few
thousand years the reality was as follows -

*Men were bought and sold for money
*Men had no political, economical of social rights
*Men had to share a household with other men, married to one woman
*Men had to do all the menial jobs
*Men had to "obey" their wives
*Men had to walk three steps behind their wives
*Men were made to bare responsibility for women's weaknesses - "shave your
hair off - your hair is a turn-on!  Don't sing, your singing is a turn-on!"
and so on...

If I were living in such a society, knowing my moral core as it is now - I
would be too SICK to attend such an event.

I hope I answered your question.

Shirona

- -
* * *  Singer / Songwriter and Teacher of Jewish Music * * *
          www.shirona.com
-