RE: Fwd: Yiddish short story for klezmer film sought

   As for LA and Yiddishkeyt. They got it...never been to Santa Monica? I
love Montreal and Rue St. Laurent, but you don't have the lock on Yiddish or
keyt. As for the Israeli  seeming lack of consciousness about Yiddishkeyt, I
always found that disturbing, especially years ago when an Israeli educated
woman told me that Yiddish is the language of the oppressed. That was a
prevalent idea for years in Israel. My response to her was that it was just
too easy to dismiss Yiddish as that...after all it's been around a lot
longer than the State of Israel.
     Trudi the G