Re: oyf(n) vs. af(n)

So, my next question is why is it written alef-vov-yud-fe?  What is its
etymolological origin?  If the words of Hebrew derivation, Loshen Koydesh,
are transliterated as spoken, why would alef-vov-yud-fe be transliterated
oyf in order to conform to the orthography, as has been suggested to me?

Lorele