Re: Germans and Klezmer

Through this whole intense and thoughtful discussion I keep thinking
about a movie I saw at a Jewish film festival a few years ago, The
Return of Genghis Cohn.  It's the story of a Jewish comedian killed
in the holocaust who returns as a dybbuk to take up residence in the
body of the ex-nazi soldier who shot him.  To make a long story
short, through plot twists that deal with the nature of justice and
redemption, the ex-Nazi becomes a Jew.  Then there's a surprise
ending that brings the story full circle.

Zayt gezunt (be healthy),

Yosl (Joe) Kurland
The Wholesale Klezmer Band
Colrain, MA 01340
voice/fax: 413-624-3204
http://www.crocker.com/~ganeydn

Please include your USPS address and phone number in your email
signature on all business correspondence.