shadach vs csardas

Here is the excerpt from the manuscript that describes the dancing.  They
were doing other eastern European Jewish dances as well as popular dances.
I don't know what a puaukownik is .  I notice that they danced the Cossacks
dance.  Interestingly, an article I read recently by Vizonsky states that
"[the Cossack dance] is the display of the warrior and was therefore, alien
to the psychology of the Jew to whom it was wholly unacceptable."  Yet in
this bar mitzvah celebration described below, the Cossack dance was done.

"The party was a huge success, whiskey and wine of every vintage flowed like
water, meats and poultry and patties of every description and when the
womenstarted dancing alone, the Broiges dance, which is a dance of
scorn,(everyone is supposed to be mad at everyone else). The acting was
something out of this world. The dance was followed by the Shaddach, and a
bouncing polka+ADs- and then the Pu+AUI-kownik and the different people put
on the act of the Cossacks. After that, everybody danced the Karahod in a
large ring with
everyone all holding hands, and when the music starts, you go round and keep
changing partners until you come to the end of the ring . "

Helen