RE: Jewish music performance series/take1

Bob,

I never said that.  The only point I was trying to make is that although
some people expect individual Conservative and Reform Jews to
automatically, by definition, be more liberal in accepting converts, they
may find individual Orthodox Jews more ready to accept converts than they
imagine.   I think that Reform will accept anything (too readily as far as
everyone is concerned, and Reform leadership agrees), so they are not
relevant.  I have found that that on a personal and emotional level,
traditional and conservative Jews _may_ not always be as accepting in their
hearts, because their connection to Judaism is more emotional, cultural,
ethnic, or racial rather than theological.  Formally and institutionally, I
believe everyone is accepting of converts.  But I was referring to some
individuals' personal levels.

"Frum from birth" Jews know very well that the Conservative and Reform Jews
are Jewish, but they just think that they are better Jews.

Orthodox and Conservative conversions are both without a doubt "halakhic",
but they just stress different things.

I don't think that we are disagreeing on anything.

Reyzl