RE: Jewish music performance series/take1

The fact is that if someone goes through a halakhic conversion, the
Orthodox are the ones who accept converts as legitimate Jews.  It's the
Conservative, Reform and generally untrained traditionalist who still hold
converts as not quite legitimate Jews.

>I have certainly taken my lumps as  a Jew , a performer and a woman too.
So
I definitely want to see more venues for Women Performers---being one. But
>here's where the mixed comes in---I cannot force anyone to like or want
me.

There is nothing personal about the ruling of kol-isha.  It's any woman's
voice, no matter how well or badly she sings.

>At the same time...if we as Jews do not challenge this stuff, nothing

At a girl!!!  We have to fight this and never participate in anything
that includes this rule.  I send my kids to Orthodox yeshiva, but I
will never go into a shul that has a mekhitsa.

If you tell men that women's singing voices are sexy and will veer
them off the straight and narrow path, then it can work that way by
the mere power of suggestion.  Too bad for them.

Gut shabes and gut yontev,

Reyzl