Re: schmaltz, pandering and Klezmatics

In a message dated 07/20/1999 8:04:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
zelwel (at) earthlink(dot)net writes:

<< The Klezmatics should actually be much more popular than they are.  >>

I hope you can read this without misinterpreting the tone, which is
matter-of-fact.  Many of us k-bands out across America should be more popular
than we are.  Considering that they are a world music group, the Klezmatics
have done enormously well for themselves, and power to them.  But in the
world of top k-bands, they have enjoyed the lion's share of popularity.