From Both Ends of the Earth

well, it's my first post and it's an unabashedly big plug
for a new record by a new band with some not-so-new-to-some
of you.  Since the band is on my case to promote this new
release (their debut), I hope you'll go easy on my tired old
e-mail bones.   I'd be glad to answer any inquiries either at
the above address or at cameltrn (at) pangea(dot)ca

Here's the promo:

A terrific new band from Canada
has released its first record.  The band is called From Both Ends of
the Earth, that's the name of the CD also.  The band is comprised of
Marilyn Lerner, piano (jazz/new music/improv/Queen Mab/Flying
Bulgars), Daniel Koulack, bass (Finjan, Knappen Street All-Stars,
Swing Soniq), David Wall, vocals (Flying Bulgars, Bourbon St.
Tabernacle Choir), Sasha Boychouk, sop. sax, clarinet, sopilka
(Saxology), and Rich Shadrach Lazar, percussion (Montuno Police).
It's a truly all-star band playing music from Yiddish and Ukrainian
traditions.  With  jazz/folk/R&B/Klezmer backgrounds of all these fine
players, they create some pretty wonderful music.

The record will be available through Festival Distribution in Canada
www. festival.bc.ca and we're working towards US distribution
through Amazon and Jewish Music.com at least.

If you want to check out some samples, go to
www.pangea.ca/~cameltrn/bothends.htm

Hope you find this of interest.

Peace
Maurice Hogue