-----Original Message-----
From: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
[mailto:owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org]On Behalf Of winston weilheimer
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 1999 8:25 AM
To: World music from a Jewish slant.
Subject: RE: Jewish cowboy music

Absolutely serious.  It looks like others have used some good tunes too.
When I moved to DeLand (outside Orlando), the members of my previous shul
sang Adon Olam to "It's a small world after all."  I also use Oh once there
was a wicked wicked man... on the Shabbat before Purim, Maoz tsur on Shabbat
Channukah, and dayanu for Shabbat Pesach.  Love the idea of Saints go
marchin in...perhaps around Mardi Gras!

Now that I have opened this can of worms...how about some other suggestions
out there!

Winston Weilheimer
Rabbi
Temple Israel of Deland
(Florida)-------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
Adrian A. Durlester  -  durleste (at) home(dot)com
http://members.home.net/durleste/
Student, Vanderbilt University Divinity School
http://divinity.lib.vanderbilt.edu/vds/vds-home.htm
Music Director, Congregation Micah, Nashville, TN
http://www.micahnash.org/
Home phone (615) 646-9788
Nextel cel-phone (615) 207-2661
You can page me from http://www.nextel.com
List-Owner for hanashir (at) shamash(dot)org; Co-Owner for L-Torah (at)
shamash(dot)org
http://uahc.org/hanashir
Editor, Bim Bam (for Torah Aura Productions)
http://www.torahaura.com/
Alternate Email: aad (at) iname(dot)com  adriand (at) aol(dot)com