Re: Jewish cowboy music

Well, since this arrived with a "Highest Priority" flag,  I'll have a word to
say.  Sherry Mayrent has said that "Adon Olam" is the universal song in that it
can be set to any melody you can name.  Try it to "La Marseillaise," or "Reelin'
In The Years."  About the only thing I can come up with that doesn't fit is
"Take Me Out to the Ballgame."  (Go ahead, knock yourself out!)  I like the idea
of thematic links, but I still have to ask, what is the sense of all this?
Where does devotion stop and mockery begin?  I'm asking this as possibly the
biggest joker in the deck.

Owen

--
Owen Davidson
Amherst  Mass

The Angel that presided o'er my birth
Said Little creature formd of Joy and Mirth
Go Love without the help of any King on Earth

Wm. Blake