Re: Adon Olom (was Jewish Cowboy Music)

This is what Purim was invented for.  At other times, God may be pleased to
be praised with humor, but I can't feel that I'm praising God with tunes
that make me feel the words are meaningless syllables set to tunes that
don't support musically the feelings of the prayers.

Call me out of step with the times, but that's why I love the recordings of
the old time cantors. They put their hearts into their singing.  They made
the prayers come alive.  You could feel their meanings even if you couldn't
understand the words.

Yosl (Joe) Kurland
The Wholesale Klezmer Band
Colrain, MA 01340