Re: List of Top 100 Jewish Music Stores and resources

robert wiener wrote:

> It would be great if list members would comment on these stores or
> supplement Mayer's list.

> >COMPANY - CITY -- STATE
> >Concepts Of Art Ltd. ------ Lenox ------ MA

Beautiful store, run by a reaally sweet woman.  Not exclusively Jewish
(maybe 40-60%), and didn't have much music last time I was there,
although it was a few years ago.

> >Israel Book Shop ------ Brookline ------ MA

"Traditional" style Jewish bookstore, one of the largest in the nation.

> >Kolbo ------ Brookline ------ MA

Wonderful fantastic place, one of the first Jewish stores with a focus
on handcrafts, contemporary music and books, and a generally
non-Orthodox perspective and clientele.  Anybody who goes to Boston
should check it out.  And I'm not just saying that because I worked
there for years... :)
> >Merkaz Judaica, Inc. ------ Woodmere ------ OH

Not appropriate for me to comment on this one... :)

> >Pinskers ------ Pittsburgh ------ PA

Haven't been here for a few years either (and it was before I opened my
own store so I was looking at it with different eyes), but I remember
being impressed.  They had a nice music selection with a wide range.

> >Tara West ------ Des Moines ------ WA

Is this yours, Mayer?

> >Musica Judaica ------ Bet Shemesh ------

Bet Shemesh in Israel?  I don't think it was there when I lived on
Kibubtz Tzora... is it new, or was I just oblivious?

--
Larry Solomon   shlomo (at) apk(dot)net
Proprietor, Merkaz Judaica    http://www.merkazjudaica.com

"Internet Explorer is bundled with the Windows 95 operating system - at
least until Microsoft can figure out a way to include it with every
polio vaccine or fuse it directly to the human spine."
 - The Daily Show

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->