Re: Jewish Music

> Living in LA, of course, you can actually drive over to Ha-Taklit, which
> seems to be the remaining American importer of Israeli books and recordings.

Greetings!.

I also listen to a lot of Israeli music. I buy it in Hatikvah in LA and they
ship to Chicago. They have a very good selection and an excellent turnaround. I
usually call and ask for recommendations on what is new and interesting!.

About a year ago, I posted a compilation of places that were recommended to buy
Jewish music by mail order. I think it would be interesting to have it on the
list. However, since I moved to a new job, I don't have an electronic version.
Could someone please post it?. (Otherwise, I'll have to type it in!).

BTW, I am Arieh Cimet and I am 32. I was born and raised in Mexico and have
been in the U.S. for 9 years. I started listening to Israeli music in Mexico
where it is very common (in the Jewish community) to listen, dance, and sing
Israeli music (or, in general, music in Hebrew and Ladino). Interestingly,
Klezmer, Chasidic, and religious music was not common.

What do I listen to?. Shalom Chanoch, Shlomo Artzi, Yehuda Poliker, etc. and
the old reliables, the Parvarim, Arik Einstein, Matti Caspi, etc.

Recommendations?. We got a recent compilation of the Parvarim that has most of
their best stuff (including most of the latin-american songs). Shlomo Artzi -
Luna Park. I will post others from home.

Regards,

I. Arieh Cimet

Motorola Shared Systems Infrastructure      phone:   (708) 576-4565
1303 E. Algonquin Road                      fax:     (708) 538-3472
IL01 Tower Annex / 2nd Floor                email:   cimet (at)
comm(dot)mot(dot)com
Schaumburg, IL 60196

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->