howdy

Shalom, y'all.

My name is Art Werschulz.  I don't have any particular claims to fame.
My favorite source of Jewish music is found on radio station WFMU
(Upsala College, 91.1 FM), whose "JM in the AM" (Jewish Music in the
Morning) program airs M-F from 6:30 to 9 am.  If you're in the metro
NYC area and haven't given it a listen, I'd urge you to try it.

I like a fairly broad band of Jewish music, but mainly what I'd call
"modern religious".  This includes Kol Achai, Safam, Mordechai ben
David, Shlomo Carlebach, Avraham Fried, Journeys, D'veykus, etc., etc.
I especially like new tunes for old standards, such as the settings
that Kol Achai and D'veykus do for "Shalom Aleichem" (ah, if I could
only teach my kids how to do harmony)!  I'm not a really big fan of
chazzanut (a little goes a long way) or boy's choirs (but the Miami
Boy's Choir seems to be a cut above the rest).

G'mar chatima tovah.

      Art Werschulz
      InterNet:  agw (at) cs(dot)columbia(dot)edu
      ATTnet:    Columbia University (212) 939-7061
                 Fordham University  (212) 636-6325

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->