Jewish Music

Shalom!

I enjoy a variety of Jewish music, but especially love Israeli music.  My
collection is somewhat dated -- mostly from a semester abroad in Israel in
1984.  During that semester I saw Shlomo Artzi in concert 3 times (the 3rd was
probably the best since by then I knew most of the words), as well as Shalom
Chanoch and Yehudit Ravitz.

My Israeli favorites are Shlomo Artzi (you probably would have guessed that
based on the concerts) -- especially Tirkode and Makome (I haven't heard Luna
Park yet), Shalom Chanoch (Al Pnei HaAdama), David Broza (HaIsha SheIti),  and
as Arieh put it, the "old reliables".  I really like Israeli folk songs.

I recently started to listen to Debbie Friedman music.  The Live at the Del
album is great.  I also enjoy Safam, Shlock Rock and some of the other "musica
datit".

Art - I'm also a fan of "JM in the AM".  They play a pretty good mix of Jewish
music, although I'd prefer more Israeli and also more women.

Nancy -- I also met my husband at Israeli dancing (at MIT).  Unfortunately,
we haven't been going lately.  Occassionaly we dance at Columbia
University.  I also went to Brandeis (class of '85).  When were you there?  I
think I might have missed your Israeli radio show.  When I was in Boston I
listened to the Jewish program on WERS (Emerson College) on Sunday mornings.

Rachel Dunaief
rdunaief (at) attmail(dot)com

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->