Re: Jewish music

People,
        I don't think is is *bad* that the music is Turkish sounding/emanating.
I just think it is wrong to think that this is some sort of innate Jewish
musical expression that has been with us since the giving of the Torah!
Many people think about Klezmer as being "innate" "jewish soul" type stuff.
It is *now*---all music (except non-jewish love songs) has the capability
of being transformed into `Jewish Music'. I love it when someone like
Mona Rosenblum (from Israel, an absolute genius when it comes to Chassidic
arrangements in a modern style) takes a bland Vishnitz or Belz boys choir
song and dresses it up in a modern funky style.

PS. I run a jewish wedding band here in Melbourne, Australia. I am the
only one who is Jewish (singer/violinist). I choose the *best* musicians.
I played at a Charedi wedding recently, and the Belzer Chassidim could not
but marvel that non-jews could play `Simchi Basheim' as if they were Chassidim
themselves.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->