Re: cRAP, Jewish or Otherwise - My Many Opinions!

Beautifully said!

I'm afraid we've been living in times where--especially Academe--has a
relativistic conception of truth and beauty. If it's true or beautiful to
someone, somewhere, it must be truth or beauty. Right?

Wrong. A "ready-made" bicycle wheel or toilet found by Marcel Duchamp simply
cannot be considered alongside great works of art, such as Michaelangelo's
Sistine Chapel.

And rap music cannot even be compared in the same category as Bach's St.
Matthew Passion, Mozart's Marriage of Figaro, Porgy and Bess, or Charlie
Parker's horn.

I've always believed that black people are the most musical on the planet.
That they come up with this trash is an awful commentary on the state of ghetto
culture--and the greedy corporations that promote it.

Eliott Kahn