Re: cRAP, Jewish or Otherwise - My Many Opinions!

In my sometimes-not-so-humble opinion, "rap Artist" and "rap Music" are
oxymorons.  I prefer to side with the late bassist John Entwhistle who
was of the opinion that rap was for those that couldn't sing.  I'm also
of the opinion
that drum machines are for demo tapes and should be used as a practicing
tool only.  They have no place in recorded music being released to the
public.
Anyone can learn to program a drum machine and a sequencer with a
minimum of instruction.  Anyone can buy Adidas gear and learn all of the
correct and approved  hand gestures from  their local 24-hour video
channel.   This stagnant cliche "form of expression" devolved out of a
rather interesting past time that took place in basements in
economically-depressed areas.  Kids were using turntables to play short
*snippets* of records to form sound loops.
Malcolm MacLaren had a hand in exposing it to the public,  hoping to
make a profit from it.  Unfortunately, he paved the way for such things
as "Puffed Wheat Daddy" or whatever his name is speaking about Godzilla
over Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir".
-Steven