Re: Taraf de Haidouks' Doru meu e numai dor'

Michel,

I couldn't find any site with the lyrics, but I probably found another
recording of this tune, under the title "Dorul meu e numai dor".

It's a panpipe (nai) version with Radu Simion. The old LP is listed at:

panflute-recordings Un virtuose de la flzte de Pan - Radu Simion (Vol.
III) - Radu Simion - Intern. Panfloetenseiten
http://www.panfloete.de/ArchivRecordings/SimiRa450STMEPUn-de.html
and
http://www.panflute.com/ArchivRecordings/SimiRa450STMEPUn.html

Un virtuose de la flute de Pan - Radu Simion (Vol. III)
Radu Simion
Orchestra populara
Electrecord- Electrecord 1971
LP: STM-EPE 01211

6 Dorul meu e numai dor

A CD is listed at the following page. I imagine it's a transfer from that
old LP recording :

LIBRIS - Libraria St. O. Iosif
http://www.libris.ro/romania.html

[CD title] Vizitand Romania

23. Dorul meu e numai dor (nai/ pan pipe: Radu Simion)

This doesn't help you find the lyrics, alas, but I hope it helps you pursue
this on your own. Try either "Dorul meu e numai dor" or "Doru meu e numai
dor".

Good luck,
Sandra

P.S. As you've noticed, lots and lots of Romanian folksongs begin with
"green leaf..." ("foaie verde" or "frunze verde"). ;-)