Re: klezmer experience

----- Original Message -----
From: "Seth Austen" <klezmusic (at) earthlink(dot)net>
To: "World music from a Jewish slant" <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 9:14 PM
Subject: Re: klezmer experience

> on 9/4/03 7:47 PM, BlackMonk at BlackMonk (at) email(dot)msn(dot)com wrote:
>
> > There were two great white Blues guitarists, neither named Vaughan, both
> > happened to be Jewish, though I think one of them found Jesus at some
point.
> > Might have lost him again.
>
> Since you didn't mention names, I'm guessing:
>
> Michael Bloomfield (I don't believe he found J although his last album was
> acoustic renditions of gospel/spirituals)
>
> Peter Green (original guitarist for Fleetwood Mac when they were a blues
> band, who did join some cult many years ago)

Right on both counts.

And Peter Green was the one I was thinking of about finding Jesus,
Bloomfield just liked the music. I wonder if he ever did "You Must Have
Jesus" and "I'm Glad I'm Jewish" in the same set?

I also wonder if he'd gotten into the klezmer revival if he hadn't passed
away. The scales aren't too far from East-West and he was something of a
musicologist. (and it was just about the only genre he hadn't already
recorded in)