Re: klezmer experience

I wish more of us could look at this topic from a higher, more "enlightened"
perspective... especially being musicians.

Music has such an innate power to UNITE  people - to feel close and loving
towards each other... and feel spiritual feelings towards the Creator in the
purest form.  It's only when we start claiming and judging and competing and
getting self righteous that the trouble begins - and as far as I can tell -
we're no better than the "goyyim" in the way we go about it.  Who has any
"claim" on cultural treasures?  Isn't the whole idea of music and art and
literature (etc) to enlighten ALL humans on this war-torn planet?

As musicians I believe we have a unique opportunity to rise above all political
and religious "agendas".  Leave those agendas to small minded people who can
only relate to life through rigid dogma - and never see an inch beyond what
their small, limited minds can conceive.  Music is pure, non verbal and
"objective" - in the same way that math and science are "objective".  All other
concerns are mare "attachments" that the above small minded people attach to it
- none on us have to buy into it. No one will ever "win" anything with that
attitude - we can only "win" if we rise above it.

Shirona
Singer, Songwriter and Teacher of Jewish Music
 Visit my website at    www.shirona.com
Listen to my music at www.mp3.com/shirona