Re: kol isha in action

Hi,

It's not a custom it's Jewish law (a law that is offensive and
un-necessary), so you need to give it a little more respect than that.
The best way to handle a situation like this is to educate yourself and others.

The fact is that there are strong halachik (Jewish Legal) arguments
against Kol Isha, i.e. that listening to a woman's voice is not a problem,
understanding what these are and being able to present them when necessary
would be a more constructive approach then being dismissive.

Cheers,

Dan

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Eliezer Kaplan wrote:

> > Love,
> >
> > Rosa Parks
> >

> Maybe that's what's gotta happen. Maybe some community needs to have it in
> their face and take it upon themselves to realize that in our times living
> in our world this is ridiculous and to set a precedent for changing the
> custom. And why do I feel so much like that old Steve Martin character on
> Saturday Night Live saying it?
>
>                             EK
>
> www.zelwel.com

 - Dan Jacobs