kol isha in action

Well, it's happened yet again!  I was to sing on Saturday evening,
gratis, at an event to raise money for Israel with the smaller version
of the Workmen's Circle Klezmer Orchestra.  The organizers asked for
details on what the group would be doing, and when a singer was
mentioned, they asked if the person were a female--HORRORS!!--some
Orthodox rabbis might be there.  No, they could not possibly have a
woman sing at this event.  I am angry at being deprived of this
opportunity to do what I do best to benefit Israel.  I was not present
at this meeting or they would have had a piece of my mind!

Thanks for listening to me vent,
Lorele

--
You can now hear Lori's new CD, Songs My Bubbe Should Have Taught Me; Vol.1:
Passover, at: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/lcahan Only $15 & postage. Email me for