Re: greetings- off topic, but current, more

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Jonathan Zimet wrote:

> At 12:32 PM 9/19/02 -0400, r l reid wrote:
> >Chag sameach not a proper Yom Kippur greeting? Among
> >the older folks in my (Conservative) shul, the
> >greeting on Yom Kippur is usually "gut yuntif".

Well, if you really want to be a purist, than "Gut
Yontef" is just as inappropriate as "Chag Same'ach" on
Yom Kippur. Yom Kippur is not a yom-tov, it simply is a
category in itself.

...But I wouldn't like to be a purist on matters like
these.

Groeten,

  Irwin Oppenheim
  i(dot)oppenheim (at) xs4all(dot)nl