Re: greetings- off topic, but current, more

the term chag sameach is also to be avoided  (my jts training comes back to
haunt me, thank goodness) on chanukah amd purim  on the basis that they are
post biblical holidays, and not therefore a chag. there must be a talmudic
ruling here, but i wonder what it is. of ocurse, it is not mentlich or
gemutlich to correct a jew who wishes me a chag sameach, so i have always
kept this thought to myself, until now. any thoughts out there?
jonathan gordon