Re: Lady Cantors

Sure thing, Bob.  Shaindele Sings The Songs of her People.  Orchestra &
Chorus Conducted by Abraham Ellstein, produced by Daniel Sloan, who also
did Moishe Oysher's Seder and Kol Nidre albums on Rozanna Records, a
couple of Feder Sisters albums and Jan Peerce on Broadway (United
Artists).  The label and number are: Margot Records - M 613.  Gee, does
that signify we are commanded to buy it? ;-)   I don't know a date, but
the cover looks to be in the late 1950s, as does the photo on the back
of narrator, Zvee Scooler, who kinda looks like Rod Serling.

The numbers recorded are:

Rochel M'vakoh Al Boneho (Dovid Roitman)
Mein Shtaitele (Ellstein-Lillian) Metro Music
Tihair Rabbi Yishmael (Zavel Kwartin)
Annenu (Mordecai Hershman)
Eli Eli (Traditional)
Av Horachamim (Mordecai Hershman)

I hope this is helpful.
Lorele

--
You can now hear Lori's new CD, Songs My Bubbe Should Have Taught Me; Vol.1:
Passover, at: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/lcahan Only $15 & postage. Email me for
more info.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->