Re: Lady Cantors

>The one thing i'm really searching for myself is a
>recording i USED to have of Mimi Sloan singing Moyshe
>Oysher. I know she is still living and in Florida, but
>I have no connections outside of the mere knowledge.
>It was on the Tikva record label, and it was issued on
>cassette, but for some reason, I seem to have
>misplaced it. *sigh*
>

>=====
>Cantor Erik L. F. Contzius
>New Rochelle, New York

We have two copies of this LP recording in our library. Both are in very good
condition. Please contact: library (at) jtsa(dot)edu for info as to how to
access them. Refer to special call numbers: REC 205 and REC 205a.

Tikva RecordsT-102Tikva RecordsNNJNNJMUSYID & ENG REC 205 Oysher, Moishe.Mimi
Sloan sings Moishe Oysher melodies[sound recording] /Moishe Oysher.New York,
N.Y. :Tikva Records,[198-?]1 sound disc :33 1/3 rpm ;12 in.Tikva Records:
LP-T-102 (on container: T-102)Produced by Allen B. Jacobs, direction Daniel
Sloan liner notes Art Raymond.Hagadah in song -- Come, sing with me -- Yibuneh
-- Mein shtetele Belz -- Amar amar -- Greene bletter -- What would I do -- Sim
shalom -- Unter boimer -- Keshinever shtickele.

Dr. Eliott Kahn
Music Archivist
Library of the Jewish Theological Seminary of America
3080 Broadway
New York, NY 10027
WK: (212) 678-8076
FAX (212) 678-8998