Re: Lady Cantors

Henekh ....

When I was a kid in Brooklyn there was also a much-advertised  Sheyndele di
Khaznte - if memory serves, she was daughter or kin to Moyshe Koussevitzky.
They even displayed posters of her (and sometimes the pair) in the Strauss
Street Shul - a khor shul - in Brownsville.

I don't think they were too strict about Kol Isha  - audiences were men and
women.  This Kol Isha thing is soooo "nouveau frum."

Sylvia Schildt

on 7/24/02 3:29 PM, Sapoznik (at) aol(dot)com at Sapoznik (at) aol(dot)com