Re: Dancing

I suggest that everyone just dance the way the music
moves you.  If a group of people want to go around in
a circle - fine.  If you feel like jumping up and down
- kol hakavod.

I remember when my grandparents used to criticize the
dances I used to enjoy as a kid because they grew up
doing organized folk dancing.

--- AGREENBA (at) aol(dot)com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/31/01 11:33:00 AM,
> lkoenick (at) erols(dot)com writes:
>
> <<
>
> I wish you well in encouraging such dancing.  The
> standard mish mash of
>
> being pulled around the room in some hybrid hora
> step is a horrible turn off
>
> for me.  Maybe a community could develop various
> dance troupes that could
>
> perform Yiddish Dance at events and functions that
> would give people much
>
> more of an idea of what they are missing. >>
>
> That's great. Hybrid hora step is a an accurate
> description of that which
> goes on at concerts if not being taught to do
> something else. Many of us are
> certainly trying to change that. I liked your
> approach to the question by
> returning your example questions. Really helps put
> all in perspective.
>
> ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->