tune source : Shtiler Shtiler from House of Mirth

Dear list, While playing for a simcha recently I was asked if we could play
"Shtiller, Shtiller" which appears in the film "The House of Mirth".
Apparently in the film the heroine visits the East Side in New York and the
tune appears.
I played a bit of Shtiller Bulgar and this was rejected. Sounds like a slow
tune maybe.
Does anyone know which tune it is, is it traditional or new, and who
recorded it ?
thankyou Ernie (from Melbourne, Australia - the Southern Hemisphere Capital
of Klezmer !(?))

Ernie Gruner * Kaleidoscope Music *  + 61 3 9386 7108 * erniegru (at)
mira(dot)net
Live Music Booking Agency and Fiddler in bands below...
__________
KLEZMERITIS E.European Jewish Music
http://www.klezmershack.com/bands/klezmeritis/
July 21 Melbourne Museum 1pm        Sept 11 Ringwood Folk Club
see www.jewishaustralia.com
-----
GYPSY NIGHTS * Gypsy/Klezmer/Continental/Jazz *  Duo with accordionist
    Mondays June 25 , July 9 & 16
    Vodka Bar/Polish Cafe, 173 Chapel St, Prahran 9530 2694
also
  Wed 27 and Thur 28  15' spot during Theatre Camaleon opening season.
 "Yelza" bar, Courtyard Theatre, 8pm, 245 Gertrude Street, Fitzroy.
  Bookings 9349 4122  $10 Tickets
__________
FLIRTING MAZURKAS July 7 Katcouta 400 Sydney Rd,Brunswick 9381 0088
Jazz/Gypsy/Latin/Tango
   with Jennifer Hawley - guitar,vocals & Phil Carroll - acc.,flute
  (Sept 7 Pt Lonsdale Pasquinis Bkgs 52 58 3909)
_________
YALLA! Upbeat/Traditional Arabic/Turkish music/dance
http://www.globalgrooves.f2s.com
June 29 Katcouta, July 1 The Planet, July 22 Southgate, Aug 4 Lakes Entrance
JUGULARITY http://www.jugularity.com  Fresh Launched "Unjugged" CDs via
website, shops