Re: Cheap way to record?

Dear Koby,

My name is Glenn Tamir and I have a band called
Klezska.  I have worked with many bands and have
recorded on several projects.

The first question I would ask you is can you perform
live or do you need to lay down tracks and overdubs?
If you have enough musicians to do it in one take then
you can get a very good sounding CD for not alot of
money.

How much are you thinking on spending?

I would be interested in working with you on your CD.
I am creating a jewish music website called The Jewish
World (www.thejewishworld.net)and we have a guy with
some very good (and portable) equipment who is
recording music for us.

Do you have a website where I can hear your music?
You can hear mine at www.mp3.com/klezska.

Anyway, I wish you luck and perhaps we'll hook up
sometime.

PS.  There's a great show this Sunday at 2PM at the
Central Park Bandshell on the East Side at 72nd
Street.  Omar Faruk Tekbilek and his ensemble are
playing.  He is a Turkish virtuoso musician who plays
flutes, Oud, Dumbek, and he sings.  His group is
equally awesome.  Some of the finest musicians I've
ever experienced.  Up there with the likes of Frank
Zappa, John Coltrane, Roland Alphonso, etc...

Take care and Shabbat Shalom.

Glenn Tamir
klezska (at) yahoo(dot)com

--- "Yakov (Koby)" <kchodosh (at) suffolk(dot)lib(dot)ny(dot)us> wrote:

> Hey folks...
> My klezmer band wants to make a recording without
> going bankrupt. What kind of equipment would be
> needed to make a home-brewed CD with reasonably good
> sound? Where could we find (rent) this stuff? (We
> live on Long Island)
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> -Yakov Chodosh
> http://klezkadets.cjb.net
> (BTW, the other guys in the band are a lot less
> clueless than me about recording and such... I'm
> just looking for some leads... I know I must sound
> like an idiot to some of you ;) )
>
> ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->