From:   WINSTON WEILHEIMER [SMTP:nusach (at) hotmail(dot)com]
Sent:   Wednesday, February 21, 2001 11:14 AM
To:     World music from a Jewish slant
Subject:        Re: Kol Isha

>From: "shirona" <shirona (at) bellatlantic(dot)net>
>To: World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
>Subject: Re: Kol Isha
>Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 09:49:16 -0800
>
>Dear Winston,
>
>OK - I will answer your question - whether I will attend an all-woman
event
>where men were excluded.
>
>If I were living in a Female Dominant society, where for the past few
>thousand years the reality was as follows -
>
>*Men were bought and sold for money
>*Men had no political, economical of social rights
>*Men had to share a household with other men, married to one woman
>*Men had to do all the menial jobs
>*Men had to "obey" their wives
>*Men had to walk three steps behind their wives
>*Men were made to bare responsibility for women's weaknesses - "shave your
>hair off - your hair is a turn-on!  Don't sing, your singing is a
turn-on!"
>and so on...
>
>If I were living in such a society, knowing my moral core as it is now - I
>would be too SICK to attend such an event.
>
>I hope I answered your question.
Your answer reminds me of affirmative action.  the issue with preferential
treatment of non whites because they were suppressed in the past.  I did
not
own slaves and i did not do any of the things you discribe above. so
therefore,

no it does not answer the question. unfortunately you are doing exactly
what
you critisize jordon for.  You have taken the question, made it into
something nebulous and avoided the direct answer.

proposition:

you are invited to perform a concert where women ONLY would be allowed to
attend and no men were allowed to perform...would you accept the gig?

you are invited to a seder for women only (take Debbie Friedman out of the
picture...).  Would you go?

Does your conviction of equal access go both ways?

Winston Weilheimer
Host/OWNER
NUSACH INTERNET RADIO NETWORK
Nusach, THE ORIGINAL SOUL MUSIC!