RE: Spanish Hannukah songs

You know, I've always wondered if Flory is getting her $.072 (or whatever
the statutory mechanical license rate) per record sold for each recording
that uses Ocho Kandelikas. My guess is that many of the people doing the
song don't even know that it's modern and that is has a very much alive
author.

Someday soon I'll have to send her a print-out of the (dozens of)
recordings that do that song.

Shabbat shalom,

Joel

At 02:32 PM 11/19/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Flory Jagoda has a Cd "Kantikas Di Mi Nona" which contains "Oco Kandelikas".
>($15.98 includes shipping)  Checek it out at :
>http://www.hatikvahmusic.com/cgi-bin/details.pl?key=12
>
>The lyrics are enclosed in the booklet but not the musical notes. Many of the
>"Ladino" recordings we carry contain that song as do many of the Chanuukah
>recordings that we stock.
>Simon
>Hatikvah Music

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02420 USA

Home:           781-862-2432
Home Office:    781-862-4104
FAX:            781-862-0498
Cell:           781-622-0309
Email:          jbresler (at) ma(dot)ultranet(dot)com